What is a Breakeven Indicator?
The Breakeven indicator shows you the price where you would buy or sell to close your open position so that your net profit/ loss is zero.
How do I set a Breakeven indicator?
Please note any time you wish to set a BE for a pair, you can do so by filtering the dates. Always remember that BE considers your past trade history, so it is crucial to set the BE correctly considering the dates you want it to take into account based on your past trades for those dates.
1. To correct BE, please right-click on the chart and select the option “BE and Pnl settings.”
2. Once clicked, the option opens up; here, you can set the date and time for BE indicator and choose it for all trading pairs if you want.
Note If you want the BE to be calculated from the current date as the start, you can choose that as shown in the image below.
What exchanges can I set to break even?
Breakeven indicators are valid only for spot exchanges.
Where can I find Breakeven indicator marker settings?
The settings for the breakeven indicator marker are accessible as shown below.
I can’t see my Breakeven Indicator?
Please see the below situations due to which the BE is not visible on your chart:
- If you have disabled BE from the bottom status bar as shown below, you will not see the BE on your technical analysis screen.
2. If you have zoomed in too much in your chart, it could be possible that BE is not visible correctly. Try to adjust the screen as needed by scrolling the price scale
3. BE is also not visible for any dust balance left on your wallet because the balance can be lower than the minimum tradable quantity.
4. Due to trade history limitations on Kucoin, OKX, Gate.io, Okcoin & Huobi, BE might not be visible if that time frame of trade history has been exceeded.
The trade history limitations for the specified exchanges are as follows-
Kucoin – 1 year
Okx- 3 months
Gate.io – 7 days
Huobi- 14 days
Note: Crypto.com doesn’t provide an API to fetch historical trades, so we cannot give the BE and PnL data for a date range.
Since BE depends on historical trades, please ensure that you enter the correct trade history dates for BE to work when you set the BE for a trading pair on a spot exchange.
Please note that HyperTrader will not be liable for any losses incurred using the BE feature. The users are to use this feature at their own risk. Kindly refer to this document itself to understand how to set BE.